EN 14404 EUROPEAN KNEE PROTECTION STANDARD
Knee protectors for work in the kneeling position.
- Type 1: Knee protectors independent of other clothing and that fasten around the leg.
- Type 2: Knee protectors made of foam plastic or other padding material to be placed in pockets on trouser legs, or permanently attached to trousers.
- Type 3: Knee protectors that are not attached to the body, but put in place as the user moves around.
- Type 4: Knee protectors for one or both knees, which are parts of devices with additional functions such as a frame to aid standing up, or a kneeling seat.
- Performance level 0: Suitable only for use on flat floor surfaces.
- Performance level 1: Suitable for use on flat or non-flat floor surfaces and providing protection against penetration at a force of at least 100 ±5 N.
- Performance level 2: Suitable for use on flat or non-flat floor surfaces in severe conditions and providing protection against penetration at a force of at least 250 ±10 N.