Warehouse Operative (Picking)
To assist in all aspects of the order picking operation. Ensuring that work is completed in a safe and efficient manner and to the agreed quality and service levels. Assist with some inventory functions when required.
Position: Warehouse Operative (Picking)
Location: Doncaster (Skanwear Distribution Centre)
Reporting Line: Warehouse Manager (Connor Pugh)
Working Hours: 8am-5pm Mon-Thurs, 8am-4:30pm Fri
Salary: £22,000 per annum
- Pick correct stock and quantity as per picking ticket
- Annotate all relevant details including picker name, number of parcels, parcel weight, number of items, and be aware of any special customer requirements
- Maintain tidy shelves and aisles by correctly opening outers of stock and returning boxes to location when picked from
- Pack goods into an appropriately sized carton/bag to reduce transit damage and material costs
- Report to Stock Control department for investigation if stock is missing, in the incorrect location or damaged.
- Ensure stock is located in the correct bin location as per picking ticket
- Assist and support other departments within the warehouse should business needs required
- Adhere to manual handling techniques at all times
- Report any issues to line manager
- Be receptive to further training requirements if necessary
- Assist in maintaining a safe and clean working environment
- Maintain picking shelves and associated walkways are in a tidy and clean state.
- The ability to complete the required documentation correctly and efficiently
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent PC skills
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- 2 years working in a warehouse or similar
- Counterbalance FLT license
Applying for this role:
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, contact Connor Pugh (email@example.com) with a CV and covering letter.